I started this smocked dress last year but never got around to finishing it. I had visioned the dress as a Valentine’s Day dress and embroidered the roses to look like hearts. I had inserted French lace into the sleeves but had problems with the bullion rose embroidery. I just couldn’t get them to look right and kept on removing the embroidery. I decided to put it away and finally decided to try working on it this year again.
The yoke was also cut out of the lace panel that I had sewn. I was finally satisfied with the embroidery on the sleeves.
I sewed together strips of lace to make a lace panel for the lower sleeves.